Friday, September 22, 2006

Weekly Blog Review - Journal of a Photographer

At journalofaphotographer.com, there is only one new post on Sept. 17th. I know I may have to find another blog to post about if this one is less active, but for now, I’ll stick with it. Martin talks briefly about the wooden superstructions on the sidewalks in New York. I’ve only been to New York City once about 10 years ago, so I can’t say I know what he’s talking about, but I like the picture. It has great quality of light with the light casting on the red-painted wood and the shadows casting on the other side. It doesn’t really express a sense of place since you can’t really tell it’s a sidewalk in NYC. It actually reminds me of my high school from my freshman to junior year when it was under construction due to the tornado that hit our gym (our mascot was also a tornado :-p).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home